Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Mission Bug

They say once you have been bitten by the mission bug there is no cure for it. This is what Clyde Antwine told me 3 years ago in Dresden, Germany while I was on a Let’s Start Talking mission trip. At that point, he knew that I had been bitten by the mission bug. Now, 3 years later, graduated from college, recently married, my husband and I are ready, in the worst way, to succumb to the bug.

We knew from the very beginning of our relationship that we would do mission work in Germany. My husband is German and has an obvious passion for the people. I learned of my passion in Dresden 3 years ago. I fell in love with the place, the culture, and most of all- the people. I knew my work there was not finished and that I would one day return.

So our plans to do mission work have begun. I suppose this blog will become our story.

37Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Luke 9:37-38

No comments:

Post a Comment